Attn: Parents and Students
The Salmon River Board of Trustees recently revised the attendance policy.
It is the intent of the Board of Trustees to have students attend school on a regular basis. Regular and consistent attendance results in increased learning.
Parental calls and notes to the schools to report illness will not result in an excused absence unless a doctor’s note is provided.
Absences which will be counted as one of the 7 days per semester are but not limited to: suspensions, hair and photography appointments, illness that is not verified by a doctor’s statement, and any and all non-prearranged/pre-approved absences.
The ONLY absences (Excused Absence) that WILL NOT be used in calculating the attendance record are:
- Those that occur due to school-sponsored activities.
- Bereavement in the immediate family
- Subpoenas to appear in court or court-ordered
- Dental appointments, doctor appointments, illness or hospitalization verified by a doctor’s statement.
- Absences that are prearranged and approved by the school.
For a copy of Board Policy 3050, please visit the board policy page.