Tonight’s board meeting for Monday, October 19th has been postponed until a later date.
Attention Savage Fans!
- The Dist VB tournament has been moved to McCall middle school and it will start at 5:00. EVERYONE needs to be prepared to wear a mask – apparently since it is a weekday and they will have staff there it could be a very different situation than it was last Saturday.
- The FB game on Friday could be moved to an earlier time due to a shortage of officials. Its being debated as we speak – I’ll let you know as soon as I know – we could possibly be playing a 3:00 or 4:00 game.
Please review the recent letter sent to athletic directors concerning the broadcasting of sporting events.
The NFHS Network and IdahoSports.com has exclusive rights to our Association’s post-season events. What that means, is if the NFHS Network video and/or IdahoSports.com audio selects to produce and distribute a post-season game you are hosting, you cannot produce or distribute that game on any other platform (e.g. YouTube, Facebook, etc.)
Council School District
Guidelines for 2020 Athletic Events
Council School District (CSD 13) has put in place protective measures to reduce the spread of
COVID-19; however, CSD 13 cannot guarantee that you or your family will not become
infected with COVID-19. Attending athletic activities at CSD 13 could increase the risk to you
and your family of contracting COVID-19 and all visitors assume that risk.
1. Any person, including athletes, coaches, fans or support staff, who is feeling ill
should not attend activities at Council High School.
2. Council staff will do a simple health screening of all players and coaches,
including temperature checks, before arriving at opponents’ facilities. We
encourage our visitors to also screen their players and coaches before arriving at
3. We encourage all visiting teams to arrive dressed in game uniforms, but locker
rooms will be available for each team.
4. Student athletes will provide their own hydration source and will not share. We
will not provide water bottles, water tanks, and/or jugs.
5. Hand sanitizer will be provided at various convenient locations for teams and
6. Children must be under adult supervision at all times and will not be permitted
to play in the lobby area, on the gymnasium floor, or elsewhere before, during or
7. Masks are recommended but not required by Council School District.
8. We encourage all fans and spectators to maintain and follow all social distancing
9. We encourage fans to bring exact change for admission. Adults & students
without activity cards- $6.00, HS students with activity card & Elem students-
$4.00, senior citizens (over 55)- $1.00, children under 5-free.
10. We will have limited concessions for athletic events.
Council School District will continue to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic and modify all
plans and guidelines based on the recommendations of Adams County Health Center
(ACHC) and the Center for Disease Control (CDC). We will also follow all IHSAA and
NFHS guidelines. All of the above guidelines are subject to change for each athletic
contest depending the location of each school district and whether they are located in
a green, yellow or a red zone, according to the latest Covid-19 information.
Parents just a reminder that if you have not filled out an application for the Free/Reduced Lunch Program the last day to do so is Thursday, October 15th. Beginning Monday, October 19 all non-qualifiers will be charged $2.50 for a lunch. For example, if your child(ren) qualified for free or reduced last year, but you do not fill out an application before the deadline your child(ren) will be charged $2.50 beginning October 19th. Please don’t let any time lapse!
We encourage everyone to fill out an application online. Here is the link. https://www.nlappscloud.com/Welcome.aspx… Results are not immediate, so please be patient until it can be processed. If you have already received a letter from the school saying your child(ren) were approved, then you do not need to resubmit an application.
If you have any questions, please call the Food Service Director Michelle Hollon at 208-630-6027.
Here are the guidelines for the Fall State Tournaments.
- Spectator tickets for all games/matches will be limited and will only be available online or through the GoFan app. THERE WILL NOT BE TICKETS AVAILABLE AT THE GATE!
- Link to GoFan https://gofan.co/search
- Schools will receive a private link to distribute to parents/fans
- Ticket limitations will be determined by local guidelines and stadium/gym capacity
- Only participating teams’ coaches’ cards will be accepted
- Masks will be required in the following areas:
- Entry into all venues
- Common areas of all venues
- On site where social distancing is not possible
- All teams/spectators must leave the venue immediately following each contest
Each sport/venue may have different guidelines.
Click on the link below for more information.
To be determined based on facility & local guidelines
- Brackets will be single elimination with consolation
- Separate tickets must be purchased for each match of the tournament.
1A DII – 1000 Fan capacity 500 per school per game
- Spectator capacity is 96 people, with 6’ of physical distancing required.
- Once capacity has been reached, all others will be turned away.
- Family groups may sit together with less than the required physical distance, but 6’ of physical distance should exist between groups.
Salmon River Schools
Please follow Cascade’s Guidelines.