Meadows has cancelled HS VB. We may still have changes coming. Stay tuned!
Dear Savage Families,
A new school year is upon us. Teachers and staff are busy preparing for another great year at Salmon River; we can’t wait to once again have students in the building and in classrooms engaged in high-level learning! Our top priorities are the safety of our students, staff, and visitors and providing a top-notch education for our students.
Criteria Used to Determine the Category Status of Our District:
- Using the Idaho State Board of Education reopening guidelines, we have been working with the North Central Health to “identify our level of Transmission Risk” as we look to reopen our schools. The criteria that the health department uses is the number of new daily cases per 10,000 people or other indications of risk.
- Green = less than 1 new case per day on a seven-day average.
- Yellow = 1 to 2.5 new cases per day on a seven-day average.
- Orange = 2.5 to 5 new cases per day on a seven-day average.
- Red = more than 5 new cases per day on a seven-day average.
Currently Idaho county’s seven-day average for new cases is less than 1 per 10,000 people.
We are pleased to announce that we will be reopening our schools at category 1 of our reopening plan on August 25th.
The Nuts and Bolts:
- Classes run Monday-Thursday. All students will attend in-person classes each day.
- Parents not wanting to send students may contact school administration for options.
- Students will wash/sanitize their hands when entering the building and before and after they eat.
- Students will not share laptops (1:1 computing). Sharing of other materials will be restricted.
- Social distancing will be maintained as much as possible.
- Masks not required but available
- Sanitation stations around campus
- Bring own water bottle—drinking fountains only for water bottle refills
- Classes ventilated with HEPA filters and/or outside air
- Due to the addition of an additional teacher at the elementary school the elementary students will be bused to the Jr/Sr High for lunch
What We Ask of You:
- Don’t send your student to school sick.
- Students who are sick or become sick will be sent home.
- Students need to remain at home for 24 hours without fever prior to returning.
- Follow safety guidelines to minimize the spread of COVID-19. If there is an increase of cases in our school and community we risk losing in-person school as well as athletic seasons and other school activities.
- Buses will be sanitized daily.
- Buses will load from back to front and will unload from front to back.
- Siblings will sit together.
- Please let your child(ren) know this prior to the first day of school and reinforce these expectations. If you are able to bring your student to school, please do so.
Back to School Night:
- Monday, August 31, 2020 (TBD)*
- Familiarize parents/guardians with Google Classroom and other Google tools in addition to other pertinent information.
- All teachers will utilize Google Classroom as our learning platform
- Teachers have engaged in 15 hours of professional development in the use of Google Classroom and the Google Suite of Education Tools
- Safety of our students, staff, and visitors are a priority as we reopen our schools. We will do everything in our power to provide a safe, emotional and physical, environment for our students to learn. With that said, we cannot guarantee that someone associated with the school will not contract the COVID virus.
Our entire reopening plan can be found at jsd243.org and on the jsd243 Facebook page.
Attn: Parents and Guardians
There is a new way to fill out the free and reduced lunch application.
The Online applications for Salmon River JSD #243 will be available 8/10/2020
Dear Parent/Guardian and Patrons,
Last night, at their July board meeting, the Trustees approved the District’s “Reopening Plan”. I would like to thank the staff and parents who participated in developing this plan. This plan outlines the procedures and protocols that the school staff will follow depending “on” the number of COVID-19 cases there are in the community at any given time. This is a multi-level plan that ranges from the schools being open with students and staff being on site with no restrictions, to the schools being closed and students and staff working online. The decision as to what level we will start the school year has not been determined yet. As we get closer to the start of the school year we will look at the active COVID-19 cases in the area and look at the State’s and health department guidelines to determine what level we will open at.
It is our goal and desire to open the school year with all of the students and staff attending on site. To be able to do this we are asking patrons and community members to do what they can to minimize the spread of the COVID-19 virus in our community. Thank you for your continued support.
July 20, 2020
Tonight’s Board meeting can be viewed at the link and/or phone number below.
Topic: JSD 243 July Board Meeting
Time: Jul 20, 2020 06:00 PM Mountain Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 873 1068 2321
Dial by your location
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
Meeting ID: 873 1068 2321
Wednesday’s camp is cancelled – if they get the Pollock road open by Wednesday night we will have camp on Thursday and Friday.
Salmon River Schools
Just a reminder that all freshman, juniors and first time athletes must have a physical before they can attend practice. Also needing physicals are 5th and 7th graders (and first timers). With the state of affairs in medicine right now they should probably get them scheduled ASAP.
Well it is that time again. The district’s board meeting is tonight at 6. I would like to apologize again for the audio quality of last month’s meeting. This month we are going to use Facebook Live to stream the meeting. The meeting can be accessed through the district’s Facebook page.