Salmon River Joint School #243 in Need of Trustee
Salmon River Joint School District #243 is looking for a Board member for Zone 3 (Riggins City Limits mainly). To apply for a position on the School Board, you will need to submit a Letter of Application. You can mail, e-mail or deliver it to the District Office, located next to Riggins High School.
Salmon River Joint School District #243 Board of Trustees
P.O. Box 872
Riggins, Idaho 83549
For more information please call the District Office at (208) 630-6027.
- To be eligible candidates must be members of the sophomore, junior, or senior class.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Must be in attendance for a period of one semester at Salmon River High School.
- Upon meeting the above requirements candidates shall be considered based on their service, leadership, and character.
Selection of members:
- Applications will be made available to students who are scholastically eligible for membership November 6, 2019.
- Student applications must be returned to Mrs. Best by November 13, 2019.
- The faculty shall be requested to evaluate candidates using the official evaluation form provided by the chapter advisor.
- The Faculty Council, shall review the Candidate applications and faculty evaluation forms to determine membership.
- Candidates will be notified by November 26th.
- An induction ceremony will be held in December.
School Board Elections, Zone Two
If you live in Zone 2 (Rapid River Road and Seven Devils Road) remember to come out and vote for your school board member representative Tuesday November 5th. No one submitted their paperwork in time to be put on the ballot. But, Eric Hook who is currently zone two’s representative, did submit his paperwork to be a write-in candidate. No other individual showed any interest in serving as a Board Member. If you would like him to continue to serve as a school board member from zone two you will need to write his name in.
Salmon River High School National Honor Society
There will be an update on the NHS candidate process coming soon!
Salmon River Brings Paint and Sip Night to Life!
An event to remember… and to do again! This is what the Family Engagement Team at Salmon River Joint School District had in mind when we hosted our first Paint and Sip Night at Salmon River Jr/Sr. High School, Fall of 2018. The Paint and Sip Night was born out of a desire to provide a free, fun, family-friendly event where students, their families, and community stakeholders could come and enjoy creating something together. We believe that everyone wants to feel connected and we believe in creating a place of belonging and connectedness for our students, families, and community members.
Last year, participants enjoyed creating personalized Fall-themed painted canvases with a local artist, Alisha Cereghino, providing our step-by-step instruction. This year, we looked at different ideas and came up with creating family wood signs. We were expecting around 20 families and ended up hosting a total of 39 families!!!! The supplies along with refreshments of hot chocolate, apple cider, and cookies were provided through Parent Involvement, Safe and Drug Free, and the After School Kids Inc. (ASK) funds. This event could not have taken place without the help of these organizations.
This event has provided an opportunity for the families of Salmon River to spend quality time together, be creative, and see just how far their imaginations and teamwork can take them. These events are designed to be focused on the process and fellowship rather than the end project. We have focused on improving our school climate and making school a place where stakeholders and students feel welcome and are excited to be. We hope to continue this wonderful event in the spring semester of 2020 and to continue building a positive school climate.