Check out this article on our girls’ basketball team! Go Savages!
Our Salmon River Local Honor Society is off and running. The group met on January 14th. The group elected Lotus Harper as President, Emily Diaz as Vice-President. Sofie Branstetter and Alethea Chapman will serve as Co-secretary.
Other business was organizing their first community service project of working at the food bank once a month. The group will help unload the shipment that arrives and help distribute the supplies during the food bank hours. The group will also help support the Bingo fun nights. The group will donate refreshments to help support the cities fundraiser efforts.
Salmon River Joint School #243 in Need of Trustee
Salmon River Joint School District #243 is looking for a Board member for Zone 3 (Riggins City Limits mainly). To apply for a position on the School Board, you will need to submit a Letter of Application. You can mail, e-mail or deliver it to the District Office, located next to Riggins High School.
Salmon River Joint School District #243 Board of Trustees
P.O. Box 872
Riggins, Idaho 83549
For more information please call the District Office at (208) 630-6027.
- To be eligible candidates must be members of the sophomore, junior, or senior class.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Must be in attendance for a period of one semester at Salmon River High School.
- Upon meeting the above requirements candidates shall be considered based on their service, leadership, and character.
Selection of members:
- Applications will be made available to students who are scholastically eligible for membership November 6, 2019.
- Student applications must be returned to Mrs. Best by November 13, 2019.
- The faculty shall be requested to evaluate candidates using the official evaluation form provided by the chapter advisor.
- The Faculty Council, shall review the Candidate applications and faculty evaluation forms to determine membership.
- Candidates will be notified by November 26th.
- An induction ceremony will be held in December.