CSD13 Guidelines for Athletic Events 2020
Council School District
Guidelines for 2020 Athletic Events
Council School District (CSD 13) has put in place protective measures to reduce the spread of
COVID-19; however, CSD 13 cannot guarantee that you or your family will not become
infected with COVID-19. Attending athletic activities at CSD 13 could increase the risk to you
and your family of contracting COVID-19 and all visitors assume that risk.
1. Any person, including athletes, coaches, fans or support staff, who is feeling ill
should not attend activities at Council High School.
2. Council staff will do a simple health screening of all players and coaches,
including temperature checks, before arriving at opponents’ facilities. We
encourage our visitors to also screen their players and coaches before arriving at
3. We encourage all visiting teams to arrive dressed in game uniforms, but locker
rooms will be available for each team.
4. Student athletes will provide their own hydration source and will not share. We
will not provide water bottles, water tanks, and/or jugs.
5. Hand sanitizer will be provided at various convenient locations for teams and
6. Children must be under adult supervision at all times and will not be permitted
to play in the lobby area, on the gymnasium floor, or elsewhere before, during or
7. Masks are recommended but not required by Council School District.
8. We encourage all fans and spectators to maintain and follow all social distancing
9. We encourage fans to bring exact change for admission. Adults & students
without activity cards- $6.00, HS students with activity card & Elem students-
$4.00, senior citizens (over 55)- $1.00, children under 5-free.
10. We will have limited concessions for athletic events.
Council School District will continue to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic and modify all
plans and guidelines based on the recommendations of Adams County Health Center
(ACHC) and the Center for Disease Control (CDC). We will also follow all IHSAA and
NFHS guidelines. All of the above guidelines are subject to change for each athletic
contest depending the location of each school district and whether they are located in
a green, yellow or a red zone, according to the latest Covid-19 information.