Attention- A Letter from the Superintendent
Re: Stage Two Restrictions
At a special board meeting our Board agreed to follow the “Idaho Rebounds Stage 2” restrictions. Including
limiting spectators to our home games. We have been notified by our county sheriff’s office that they would not be enforcing the attendance limit. Our Board made it clear, at this meeting, that we (District/Schools) are not the enforcers of these “Stage 2” restrictions either. We will not get into a verbal or physical altercation with anyone who is not on our approved spectator list. We will post the “Stage 2” restrictions and possible consequences for anyone who enters uninvited.
Salmon River School District
Guidelines for 2020 Sports Events
The Salmon River School District (JSD 243) has put in place protective measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, JSD 243 cannot guarantee that you or your child(ren) will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, attending activities on the campuses of JSD 243 could increase your risk and your child’s risk of contracting COVID-19. All visitors voluntarily assume the risk that they may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by attending activities on JSD 243 Campuses.
- In the event that any person, including: athletes, coaches, fans or support staff is feeling ill or has a fever, it is required that the individual not attend activities at Salmon River Schools.
- Salmon River will do a simple health screening of all players and coaches, including temperature checks, before arriving at opponents’ facilities. We encourage our visitors to also screen their players and coaches before arriving at our facilities.
- We encourage all visiting teams to arrive dressed in game uniforms but locker rooms or class rooms will be available for each team.
- Student athletes will provide their own hydration source and will not share. Salmon River Schools will not provide water bottles, water tanks, and/or jugs.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided at various convenient locations for teams and fans.
- Children must be under adult supervision at all times – they will not be permitted to play in the lobby area, on the gymnasium floor or elsewhere; before, during or after games.
- Masks are permitted, but not required by the Salmon River School District.
- We encourage all fans and spectators to maintain and follow all social distancing guidelines.
- We encourage fans to bring exact change for admission to help eliminate exchange of money.
Adults/students without activity cards $6:00, HS students with activity card/Elem students $4:00, senior citizens over 55 $1.00, children under 5-free.
- We will have separate entrance and exit flow-paths for home teams/fans and visitor teams/fans which will be marked for each facility.
- Coaches and support staff will sanitize equipment and facilities on a daily basis.
Salmon River athletics will continue to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic and modify all plans and guidelines based on the State of Idaho’s Rebound plan and the IHSAA and NFHS guidelines.
**Currently (1/5/21) we are also operating under the Stage 2 guidelines, including limiting the number of spectators to 10 or less. Please see the Stage 2 Letter from Superintendent Doramus for additional information**