National Honor Society members exemplify: Scholarship, Leadership, Character, and Service.
Salmon River National Honor Society
Applications are now available in Mrs. Best’s office.
- To be eligible candidates must be members of the sophomore, junior, or senior class.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Must be in attendance for a period of one semester at Salmon River High School.
- Upon meeting the above requirements candidates shall be considered based on their service, leadership, and character.
Selection of members:
The selection of members to this chapter shall be by a majority vote of the Faculty Council consisting of five faculty members appointed by the principal. The chapter adviser shall be the sixth, non-voting, ex-officio member of the Faculty Council.
- Applications will be made available to students who are scholastically eligible for membership November 6, 2019.
- Student applications must be returned to Mrs. Best by November 13, 2019.
- The faculty shall be requested to evaluate candidates using the official evaluation form provided by the chapter advisor.
- The Faculty Council, shall review the Candidate applications and faculty evaluation forms to determine membership.
- Candidates will be notified by November 26th.
- An induction ceremony will be held in December.
The purpose of NHS is to create enthusiasm for scholarship, stimulate a desire to render service, promote leadership, develop character and encourage citizenship in students of secondary schools..
Salmon River High School
K-12 District School Counselor
District Testing Coordinator
CTECS Testing Proctor
208-630-6025 Ex 5102