Salmon River School District
Guidelines for 2020 Sports Events
The Salmon River School District (JSD 243) has put in place protective measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, JSD 243 cannot guarantee that you or your child(ren) will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, attending activities on the campuses of JSD 243 could increase your risk and your child’s risk of contracting COVID-19. All visitors voluntarily assume the risk that they may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by attending activities on JSD 243 Campuses.
- In the event that any person, including: athletes, coaches, fans or support staff is feeling ill or has a fever, it is required that the individual not attend activities at Salmon River Schools.
- Salmon River will do a simple health screening of all players and coaches, including temperature checks, before arriving at opponents’ facilities. We encourage our visitors to also screen their players and coaches before arriving at our facilities.
- We encourage all visiting teams to arrive dressed in game uniforms but locker rooms or class rooms will be available for each team.
- Student athletes will provide their own hydration source and will not share. Salmon River Schools will not provide water bottles, water tanks, and/or jugs.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided at various convenient locations for teams and fans.
- Children must be under adult supervision at all times – they will not be permitted to play in the lobby area, on the gymnasium floor or elsewhere; before, during or after games.
- Masks are permitted, but not required by the Salmon River School District.
- We encourage all fans and spectators to maintain and follow all social distancing guidelines.
- We encourage fans to bring exact change for admission to help eliminate exchange of money.
Adults/students without activity cards $6:00, HS students with activity card/Elem students $4:00, senior citizens over 55 $1.00, children under 5-free.
- We will have separate entrance and exit flow-paths for home teams/fans and visitor teams/fans which will be marked for each facility.
- Coaches and support staff will sanitize equipment and facilities on a daily basis.
Salmon River athletics will continue to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic and modify all plans and guidelines based on the State of Idaho’s Rebound plan and the IHSAA and NFHS guidelines.
**Currently (1/5/21) we are also operating under the Stage 2 guidelines, including limiting the number of spectators to 10 or less. Please see the Stage 2 Letter from Superintendent Doramus for additional information**
Just a reminder that all freshman, juniors and first time athletes must have a physical before they can attend practice. Also needing physicals are 5th and 7th graders (and first timers). With the state of affairs in medicine right now they should probably get them scheduled ASAP.
Welcome to the Savage Locker Room!
Nominations for the IHSAA Good Sport of the Week close every Tuesday at 4 p.m. Nominations can be submitted on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using #IDHSAAGoodSport or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us know how they exemplify sportsmanship in your school along with an action shot. Winners will be revealed on Wednesdays–this is a great way to highlight good sportsmanship in our schools, and we hope you get involved.
For more information contact AD Paula Tucker
Name: Paula Tucker
Email Address: email@example.com
Phone number: (208) 630-4997
P.O. Box 872
Riggins, ID 83549
- TV Guidlines for Sports Events 2020
- High School Basketball COVID Attendance Letter
- Idaho High School Activities Association (IHSAA)
- IHSAA Rules and Regulations
- Wilder High School Hosting Athletic Event Protocal
- GARDEN VALLEY SCHOOL DISTRICT GUIDELINES AND PROCEDURES FOR Athletics
- Cascade-BB 2
- CascadeHS Covid Athletic Guidelines
- Horseshoe Bend HS – Home Game COVID Protocol
- CouncilSD13 Guidelines for Athletic Events 2020
- 2020 Fall State Tournament Information
- http://idhsaa.org/rules/misc.aspx (Miscellaneous Forms)
Drug Testing Consent Form:
- Board Policy: Click on 3401F (for 9th graders and new students – notary required) or 3401F2 for all other students in grades 10-12.
- Athletic Rules