System AdministratorsIT Help & Technology Coordinator John Sangster
District Technology Director:
Phone number: (208) 630-6025
Local Network Tech Support
RES Building Technology Coordinator:
Before you call IT, please use the resources available to resolve the issue yourself:
- Check cables – network, sound, power, etc.
- Practice Prevention – Don’t open anything you are not expecting!
- Don’t use the network to pass along personal correspondence, jokes, or anecdotes.
- Delete Cookies and Temporary Files
Open Browser>Tools>Internet Options>General Tab>Delete temporary files
- Perform routine maintenance routinely!
Disk Cleanup and Disk Defrag are found in Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>
Windows, Java, and Adobe updates should be kept current on teacher and student machines.
When you ask for assistance, please note the following:
- Symptoms – what is (or is not) happening?
- When did you first notice the problem?
- What steps have you taken to correct the issue?
- Is the problem consistent or intermittent?
- What is the exact error message? Screen shots of the error message are ideal (Alt+PrtScn then paste into the help ticket), otherwise write down the exact wording.
- Idaho State Department of Education
- Tech Committee
- IRIS Technology Standards
- Idaho K-8th Grade Technology Standards
- iPad iNstruction
- E-School News
- Technology & Learning
- Open-Source Software Manuals
- ISTE NETS Standards
- Microsoft Downloads
- Free File Converter – Video, text, audio and FREE!!
- How Stuff Works: Computers
- PC Technology Guide
- Intel’s The Journey Inside